Saturday, July 5, 2008

Fireworks and Thumbprint Cookies

I'm finally getting to my post for the 4th on the fifth since just now the house is settling down.

Attempted the chocolate thumbprint cookies from Vegan with a Vengeance and found that the recipe didn't really work the way it was described in the cookbook; luckily I've done a bit of baking. I opted to put the very batter-like cookie dough into mini-cupcake paper liners and I ended up with something that was rather like a brownie. CK doesn't care much for jam and there are strawberries & cherries in season, so I put a few chocolate chips in each "thumbprint" and then pressed either a half berry or cherry in each brownie/cookie. They looked lovely and tasted delicious. Unfortunately we forgot to take a photograph of them, although we did discuss that we should take pictures of the dishes I make.

So running late I made it over to CK's and she did the driving out the Clatskanie. We listened to Gigi, Mimi at Dalo's was playing her when we had dinner on Wednesday after yoga, and then some of David Sedaris' new book. We got out the Great Vow just before meal chanting began and enjoyed the afternoon there very much. We ate lots of food, walked around the property, played mancala, talked to people, and then made our way back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment